Make a difference to your community, to the arts, and to yourself. Get involved in the ongoing excitement and growth of SBMA!
Volunteer staff perform a broad range of functions in a variety of departments across the Museum. From greeting and assisting visitors at public programs and events to database maintenance and/or assistance in clerical/administrative work, volunteers work along-side and in support of staff to further the mission of offering art to everyone.
Each volunteer opportunity is different – with its own unique set of responsibilities and therefore requiring its own unique mix of relevant skills and experience. Many volunteer opportunities do not require an art background; and each department will provide job-specific training to the selected volunteer.
Current Volunteer Staff Opportunities Include:
- Event Coordinators for SBMA events which include:
- Meet Me on the Island
- First Friday
- Kid Beat
- Urban Adventure Games
- Private Events
- Event Staff (greeters, ticket takers, set-up, tear-down, audio support, etc…)
- Garden Walk Volunteers (Garden Hostesses, Hospitality Center Hostesses, and Program Book Ad Solicitors.
- Data Entry (adding exhibition and event information to local online directories. Could be done from home!)
- Graphic Design (Updating marketing collateral. Experience with Adobe InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Photography (Images of SBMA Permanent Collection for online gallery)
- Clerical Support
To learn more about specific opportunities please email us or email@example.com