Ctrl t: Digital Art Exceeding Limitations
An exhibition curated by South Bend Museum of Art’s TeenForum
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2022 by 11:59pm
Eligibility: Michiana region, grades 7-12
Categories: Digital visual art (drawing, animation, 3D printing, coding, modeling, design, etc.)
Entries per Artist: up to 3 artworks
Notification of Admission: August 8, 2022 via email
Exhibition Open: November 5, 2022
Submission Form: Online https://forms.gle/KB8CyE8JM97TWR8W8
Ctrl t: Digital Art Exceeding Limitations is an exhibition showcasing the capabilities of the digital world in art. The aim of this show is to depict the way in which digital art can meet and expand beyond the limitations of traditional media. Both printed and digitally displayed artworks will be considered for exhibition.
Jurors: The exhibition will be juried by current members of SBMA’s TeenForum. If you are interested in becoming part of TeenForum, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!
Eligibility: Participants must be in grades 7-12 at time of entry and reside in the Michiana Region (Elkhart, La Porte, Marshall, St. Joseph, and Starke, Berrien, or Cass Counties)
Where to submit:
Submission Materials: All submissions should include:
- Artist statement
- Short artist bio (2-3 sentences)
- Info for up to 3 artworks
- Year completed
- Medium, including software and technologies used
- Physical dimensions, if applicable (HxWxD)
- Value of materials for insurance. This means the retail value of the physical materials you used in your final artwork (frame, filament, etc.), not the value of the artistic or intellectual work that went into your project. If you have only digital files, your insurance value for materials might be $0.
- Up to 5 images per entry, including in-process images or renderings. If files exceed the limit of what is accepted through the entry form, please email a link to the files to email@example.com
Insurance: SBMA will insure the objects on loan while in custody of SBMA. Artists are responsible for insuring their artwork while in transit to and from the SBMA if applicable.
Content: The exhibition will be installed in the SBMA’s Family Gallery, which is open for all ages to view. Therefore, submissions that include explicitly sexual or graphically violent content will not be considered.
Awards: Submissions accepted for the exhibition will be eligible for awards.
Printing and Software Resources: The St. Joseph County Public Library’s Studio 304 is available for public use of photo, poster, and 3D printing, as well as workstations with Adobe Creative Cloud and drawing monitors. To view the full equipment list, visit their website at https://sjcpl.org/services/studio-304/.
For printing at Studio 304: 8.5 x 11″ photo glossy paper – $1.00 per sheet
24″ wide satin semi-gloss for posters – $5.00 per linear foot (Ex: $10.00 for a 24 X 24” print).
St. Joe County Public Library
304 S Main Street
South Bend, IN 46601
Questions about the exhibition? Please contact TeenForum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 574-235-9102
South Bend Museum of Art
120 S Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
South Bend, IN 46601